From mid May to June 2008 I traveled to Malaysia, Turkey and Greece. Highlights were a nighttime train from Greece to Turkey, ferries to the Greek Islands, opera at the Athens Acropolis, attending a Greek wedding and visiting the new Istanbul Museum of The History of Science and Technology in Islam. This was mostly for a holiday, but along the way I attended a corporate governance conference in Malaysia, presented at the World Congress on Information Technology, looked at ICT Education in Malaysia and gave a seminar on how to set up the Tsunami warning system for the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Rhodes, Greece, July 2008
- Marmaris, Turkey, July 2008
- Istanbul by Public Transport, July 2008
- Istanbul Museum of The History of Science and Technology in Islam, July 2008
- Cambridge, Brussels, Berlin, and Hamburg by Bicycle and High Speed Train, 2005.
- Berlin By Bending Bicycle, 2004.
- Stockholm by Slow Boat and Fast Train, 2001
- UK: England, Cornwall and Stonehenge, 2000
- London to Paris By Eurostar, 2000
- Cambridge live from a Double Decker Bus, 1996
- London to Rome by Train, 1994
Asia and Pacific
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2008
- India, 2005
- Beijing By Bending Bicycle, China 2003
- Coming of Information Age in Samoa, 2005
This video presentation contains images that were used under a Creative Commons License. Click here to see the full list of images and attributions:
Turkey is a great destination for travel. I have travelled around quite a lot but mainly backpacking but I visit Gallipoli every year for Anzac Day.
Post a Comment