Opening Government Data in Australia
To support and encourage the International Open Data Hackthon (http://opendataday.org/), the Australian Information Commissioner, NICTA/eGov Cluster and the Office for Spatial Policy are doing a launch event about next steps for opening up government data in Australia.
Recording: This event will be recorded and published online after the event.
Date: Friday 22 February 2013
Time: 12:00 - 13:00
RSVP : Eventbrite
Schedule:12:00 – The OAIC will launch their latest publication, Open public sector information; from principles to practice and Australian Information Commissioner Professor John McMillian will discuss:
12:20 – Helen Owens from the Office of Spatial Policy – will discuss progress on opening government geospatial data and specifically the Foundation Spatial Data Framework.
- agency successes in implementing the Principles on open public sector information
- the challenges to be overcome
- the opportunities for agencies to increase the value of public sector information
- action the OAIC will take to assist agencies to further implement the Principles
- international developments in the open government movement
12:35 – The eGov Cluster will present some recent projects using government data for public benefits and innovation, and will discuss how governments can collaborate with the private sector.
12:50 – A short Q&A panel session with the speakers about opening government data in Australia.