- Masters Degree: "apply ... knowledge"
- Research: "research and scholarship"
- Coursework: "professional practice or scholarship"
- Extended: "professional practice"
- Doctoral Degree "new knowledge ... research ... scholarship or professional practice"
Thursday, August 09, 2012
Three Types of Masters Degrees in Australia
The Australian Qualifications Framework (July 2011), defines ten levels for Australian education, from a vocational Certificate 1 to Doctoral degrees. A Masters Degree is at Level 9 and a Doctoral Degree at Level 10 (the highest level). One anomaly is that there is one type of Doctorate, but three types of Masters: