The on-line modules are:
- Researchers Guide to ANU
- Research Strategy and Planning
- Commencement and Collaboration
- Building a Responsible Research Culture
- Intellectual Property and Commercialisation
- Financial, Resource and Risk Management
- Effective Research Grant Execution
- Managing and Leading People
- Project Closeout
The first topic, how research is funded, would be useful to researchers making the transition from another country as well as those just starting out. The module could do with having a small section on teaching and supervision to the module, as an essential part of the job of any researcher is passing on their knowledge to others. Also the topic of Data Citation needs to be covered, as this now counts towards academic status, as well as papers.
The module could do with some updating, as for example, it lists Professor Ian Chubb as the VC and does not mention the ANU's latest Nobel Prize winner.