Electronic Data Management (COMP7420) is planned as a 3 unit course. That is six weeks, half the length of a typical unviersity subject. If the same format as the successful course, Green Information Technology Strategies (COMP7310), is used, this will require the course content to be broken up into six topics, each of one week duration, with a small assessment item after each (called formative assessment in the jargon of pedagogy). The topics of the green ICT course are brought together in two assignments the students undertake (summative assessment).
In the case of Green ICT there are two seemingly simple assignment questions:
- Write a report on the carbon footprint of the ICT operations of your organisation ...
- Write a report identify ways to reduce the carbon footprint of your organisation ...
At level 5 SFIA I identified 8 Skills relevant to records management (plus Procurement and the Quality management skills):
- Information management
- Information policy formation
- Information content publishing
- Methods and tools
- Business analysis
- Data analysis
- Database/repository design