OUR GLOBAL CHALLENGE
- Globally we need swift action
- Budget 2 giga tonnes of carbon equivalents (Co2e) per annum
- Actual 9 giga tonnes of carbon equivalents (Co2e) per annum
- Australia is a late mover
- Emissions trading already operates in 27 EU countries and 28 states in the US & Canada.
- Learn and link globally...
OUR NATIONAL CHALLENGEBudget is 2 tonnes of Co2e per person
Actual is 28 tonnes Co2e per person
Our current climate is greatly impacted
Our neighbours are developing nations
Our economy in terms of trade will be exposed
Reduce – GHG Emissions – 60% by 2050
Adapt – to the unavoidable changes
Shape – global solutions ...
BUSINESS DRIVERSMajor Economic & Industry Disruption
- Community ...
ROLE OF THE IT INDUSTRYWhat is the role of the IT industry toward a low-carbon society?
To reduce environmental burdens for customers (Green IT)
To minimize environmental burdens caused by business operations ...
From: Delivering Business Sustainability, ALISON O’FLYNN, Fujitsu Australia Limited, July 2008
Friday, August 01, 2008
Delivering Business Sustainability
ALISON O’FLYNN from Fujitsu Australia Limited was one of the speakers at Queensland ICT Industry launch of a National Green IT Industry Special Interest Group and Taskforce 23rd July 2008 at the Brisbane Town Hall. The full text, slides and video are also available.