This is very new to You Tube and there are a few rough edges, for example the "How do I create or edit video annotations?" has the HTML markup visible in the page (someone must have copied and pasted from an Omnisio help page in a hurry:
To get started, log into your YouTube account and go to the Video Annotations page as described http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=92709&hl=en-AU">here ...Here is what it should look like:
To get started, log into your YouTube account and go to the Video Annotations page as described here.
Please note: Video annotations are available now as a "beta" feature. We're working hard to get this out of beta and, once we do, annotations will officially support languages other than English, embeds and full-screen playback.
- Start playing your video, if it's not already playing using the "Preview" button.
- At the moment you want to add an annotation, click on the appropriate "+" icon in the top left-hand corner. You can add annotations that are Speech Bubbles, Notes or Spotlights with text.
- Enter your text. You can edit your annotation on the video itself:
- Edit text as you type;
- Drag and drop annotations anywhere you want;
- To resize an annotation, roll your mouse over the edge of it until you see little dots. Click and drag the dots to resize. A speech bubble has an additional resizing dot on the pointer.
- You can see all your annotations listed on the left side. Here you have advanced editing options:
- You can add a URL link to your annotation. It could be a link to either a specific YouTube Video, a user Channel or a YouTube Search result page.
- You can change the both the starting and finishing time manually. An annotation's default start time is when you click to add it ("+" icon). The default end time is 5 seconds later. To change this, just enter the start and finish times you want in [H:MM:SS.s] format. For instance, [0:01:05.2] means 1 minute, 5.2 seconds into the video.
- You can delete annotations from the list on the left. Click [x] in the upper right-hand corner of the annotation you want to delete.