The ACT Government have sent out details of their Canberra summit
., as one of the Australian Government local 2020 summits
. The name of the event has been changed from the ">Canberra Summit", to the "ACT 2020 Summit". Unfortunately there appears to be no web page for the event (unlike the Open 2020 Summit
I am co-charing). Here is the program I was sent:
ACT 2020 SUMMIT
Saturday 5 April 2008
Facilitator: Lynette Glendinning, PALM Consulting Group
THEME: Innovation: for a city state whose core natural asset is its people.
PROCESS: Working Groups and facilitated plenary discussion. Participants will discuss a topic in the first session (topics listed below) and will then consider emerging themes in the second session.
- Opening and scene setting MP
|10.20am||SESSION 1 – WHAT IDEAS DO WE HAVE FOR CANBERRA 2020?|
- Education and skills
- Economic infrastructure, the digital economy and information technology
- Sustainability and the future of our city
- Healthy futures
- Strengthening community/supporting families/community inclusion
- Options for future for indigenous Australians
- Towards a creative future
- Community safety
- Reconvene and plenary report back
- Discussion of emerging common themes from the topics
|1.15pm||SESSION 2 – INNOVATION THEMES: HOW CAN WE BEST POSITION THE ACT FOR 2020?|
- Synthesis of key themes emerging from topics
- Allocation to Session 2 Working Groups
- Working groups on Innovation themes – how can we best position the ACT for the future?
|3.20pm||SESSION 3 – CONFERENCE OUTCOMES|
- Identify key issues for the National Summit – which themes have national as well as local implications?
Post a Comment