The ANU Energy Change Institute (ECI) is pleased to host Mr Ian Cronshaw from the International Energy Agency (IEA) to present the latest insights from the 2013 World Energy Outlook. This year the IEA published the WEO on November 12th, providing a snapshot of international energy trends.
The Energy Update will provide Australian researchers, policymakers, industry and members of the public with the latest state of play in the world’s energy markets.
The inaugural Energy Update has a particular focus on Asia, where energy demand is growing faster than anywhere in the world. In addition to the rapid growth in China and India, Southeast Asia as a region is rising fast as a global energy player. The region’s booming economy is expected to drive this trend in years to come. Efforts to close the development gaps and sustain economic growth using fossil fuels could result in a significant rise in greenhouse gas emissions, while efforts to secure energy supplies could potentially redraw the global map of energy security and geopolitics.
The full day event features national and international presenters from government, universities and the private sector to discuss a range of issues such as global and regional energy outlook, sustainable energy technologies, energy security and energy poverty. The speakers participating are at the cutting edge of politics, economics and trade, and each session will focus on opportunities and challenges in these fields. ...
The ANU Energy Update is organised in by The ANU Energy Change Institute in conjunction with the ANU College of Asia and The Pacific.
Presenters include (in alphabetical order):
Registration is required at: anuenergyupdate.eventbrite.com
- Dr Marwansyah Lobo Balia, National Energy Council of the Republic of Indonesia, Special Advisor to the Energy Minister of the Republic of Indonesia
- Professor Ken Baldwin, Director of The ANU Energy Change Institute
- Professor Andrew Blakers, Centre for Sustainable Energy Systems, ANU
- Dr Paul Burke, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Mr Allaster Cox, First Assistant Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Mr Ian Cronshaw, International Energy Agency
- Dr Matthew Dornan, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Professor Peter Drahos, Regulatory Institutions Network, ANU
- Mr Bruce Godfrey, Board member of ARENA
- Professor Quentin Grafton, The Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Professor Chris Greig, UQ Energy Initiative, University of Queensland
- Dr Edward Halawa, Centre for Renewable Energy, Research Institute for the Environment
- Professor Andrew MacIntyre, Dean of the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Professor Hugh Outhred, School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications, UNSW
- and Livelihoods, Charles Darwin University
- Dr Michael H. Smith, Fenner School of Environment and Society, ANU Mr Bruce Wilson, Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics
- Professor David Stern, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Dr Ivor Frischknecht, Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
E email@example.com T 02 6125 6599
This event is free and open to the public