The winners were:
- BehavioMatrix: This team is producing a diagnostic aid for depression. This would use sensors rather than a questionnaire or practitioner's opinion.
- KRIGE TECH: are offering a smart power system using switches controlled by a smart-home app to reduce energy use.
- OzGuild: This team scans trading cards for the "Magic: The Gathering" card game.
- Siege Sloth Games: producing more non-violent computer games (from the Academy of Interactive Entertainment).
- Vacant Space: provides vacant shops to artists and artisans.
Also there was mention of a new China Australia Innovation center at Kingston in Canberra, but I have seen any formal announcement of this.