The priority areas for 2013 from the application instructions are:
- Assessment and promotion of student learning
- Curriculum design
- Improving tertiary pathways
- Improving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s higher education access and outcomes
- Innovative use of technology in learning and teaching
- Internationalisation Research and development
- Strategic approaches to learning and teaching which enhance student access and progression, and respond to student diversity
What occurs to me is that some on-line technology could be sued to enhance the process of preparing grant proposals. This would use the same on-line technology I is now routinely used to design complex software and organize projects.
My own area of educational research interest is how to teach professional skills online. Since 2009 I have been teaching postgraduate students online for the ANU and the Australian Computer Society (which is a member of the Open University Australia). A significant proportion of students can cope with the technical content, but have difficulty with literacy.