Just booked the Blue Mountains Hawkesbury Heights YHA
, for a long weekend birthday celebration. This provides exclusive use of the whole eco-friendly, 12 person building, at a rate a bit less than it would cost for 12 people to book individually (and much less than for a hotel).
Hawkesbury Heights is one of the smaller buildings available under the
under the RENT-A-YHA Scheme, with the others accommodating 31 to 50 people and so suiting organised club events:
- Hunter Valley YHA, Near: Watagans National Park, Sleeps: 50
- Merimbula YHA, Near: Ben Boyd National Park, Sleeps: 49
- Thredbo YHA, Near: Kosciuszko National Park, Sleeps: 48
- Bundanoon YHA, Near: Morton National Park, Sleeps: 44
- Pittwater YHA, Near: Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Sleeps: 32
- Port Stephens YHA, Near: Tomaree National Park, Sleeps: 31
- Hawkesbury Heights YHA, Near: Blue Mountains National Park, Sleeps: 12
YHA need to enhance their online booking system to include the Rent-A-YHA program. At present you can check for availability of different room types, but not the whole building. So what I did was make a booking request for 12 individuals (the capacity of the building), to see if it was available. This worked, but was cumbersome.
Post a Comment