I have suggested to Box Hill Institute of TAFE we get together and propose common standards for green ICT education, which will apply to both the vocational and higher education sectors.
National Code: 21970VIC
Centre: Information and Communications Technology
Location: Nelson Campus ...
Study Area: Information Technology
What does this course involve?
This Graduate Certificate is unique in that it concentrates on ICT aspects of sustainability.
The ICT Industry is well placed to be the driving force for change in the new low carbon economy. As a student in this course, you will develop skills not ordinarily found in a straight IT qualification, that will meet industry’s need for employees with knowledge and awareness of ICT sustainability issues.
This is a four-unit postgraduate qualification. Subjects will cover:
• General sustainability – looking at current issues and solutions
• Green ICT – ICT industry developments to reduce carbon footprint
• ICT as an industry enabler to carbon reduction – focusing on how ICT will help other industries to lower their carbon footprints
• ICT sustainability business case study – skills to develop business proposals to reduce carbon emissions for business.
Students will work in small classes with professionally qualified lecturing staff.
You will need to have an IT background to study this course. This course is the first of its kind in Australia.
What employment opportunities will I have?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
* advice a company on ICT sustainability issues
* have knowledge of ICT sustainability issues and solutions
* have knowledge of Government agencies related to ICT sustainability and have knowledge of Government regulations related to ICT Sustainability
* be aware and able to prepare Carbon Reports as required by Government legislation and industry bodies
* have the skills to prepare and present an ICT sustainability policy for a given company to the company’s management
* be able to take leadership in a company on ICT sustainability issues
* advise a company on ICT sustainability opportunities. ...
What further study options will I have?
This course can lead to further studies at Postgraduate level.
Can I apply?
* You should have successfully completed a Bachelor or Diploma in an IT related field; or
* Alternatively, you should have work experience in the IT industry ...
Length of course
Part time - 1 year (Tuesday and Thursday evenings)
Units of Competency
Manage improvements in ICT sustainability 80 hr
Use ICT to improve sustainability outcomes 80 hr
BSBLED701A Lead personal and strategic transformation 80 hr
VBN762 Principles of sustainability 50 hr
Unit of Competency Details
– Manage improvements in ICT sustainability - (80 hours)
This unit covers the skills and knowledge required to reduce the sustainability related impacts of ICT operations through energy conservation, energy efficiency and changing user behavior.
– Use ICT to improve sustainability outcomes - (80 hours)
This unit covers the skills and knowledge required to improve sustainability outcomes through the reduction of environmental, economic and social impacts for a range of industries using ICT based solutions.
BSBLED701A – Lead personal and strategic transformation - (80 hours)
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to analyse and improve personal leadership style and professional competence, and to lead organisational transformation.
VBN762 – Principles of sustainability - (50 hours)
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will have a working knowledge of the key sustainability challenges in terms of environmental, economic and social issues at a global, national and local level. They will be able to address these challenges through an array of management and decision-making tools. ...
From: Box Hill Institute of TAFE is now offering a "Vocational Graduate Certificate in ICT Sustainability" at its Nelson Campus in Melbourne.