Win an iPod - Make a YouTube video - Be creative - Compete with students around Australia
Show how you envisage information technology helping you have a career that makes a difference.
Just make and submit a two-minute video based on one of the 7 themes of this year's National ICT Careers Week.
Here are the 7 themes - choose one or more:
- What does information technology mean to me?
- How can information technology solve the world's problems?
- How does information technology build connections with people?
- How does information technology spark creativity?
- How does information technology improve our daily lives?
- How can information technology give you the lifestyle you want?
- How can information technology give you a global career?
There's an iPod Touch prize for the most popular idea in each theme.
Enter the competition
To enter, make your video and upload onto ACS Foundation's YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/acsfoundation.
Videos will be judged by the number of times it has been viewed. So encourage all your friends and family to view it.
Entries close on 1 October 2009 and winners will be announced on 15th October 2009 on the ACS Foundation website, by phone, and email.
Take a look at the videos already uploaded.
The Australian Computer Society Foundation - a non-profit organisation helping young people with scholarships to study information technology at university - is running this competition.
Want more information
Contact John Ridge by calling (02) 8296 4445, or email John at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information technology gives great jobs earning great money with a great lifestyle
Information technology careers are one of the most rapidly growing career pathways available. Information technology jobs give you:
- a chance to combine any or all of your interests into one job
- a career that will put you in demand across a dynamic industry where re- training is easy
- a good chance for fast promotion
- good choices in job flexibility: work at home, in the office, part-time, casual, full time...
- and, of course, excellent salaries!
Great opportunities coming up
People with Information technology skills and qualifications will be needed in our businesses, in our governments, in our communities, and in our daily lives.
Information technology will continue to be in demand in the banking, healthcare, telecommunications, education, entertainment, transport, manufacturing, tourism, primary industry, security, environmental management, and many other areas vital to our economy and communities.
That means that now is the time to be studying information technology at and after school.
National ICT Career Week
National ICT Career Week is running in the week of 27th July - 1st August 2009. It's an Australia-wide show to encourage young people to think about studying and working in computing and communications.
For more information: www.ictcareersweek.info
About The ACS Foundation
The ACS Foundation was established in August 2001 to encourage both private and public sponsorship of students studying IT higher education and research. Since its establishment, the ACS Foundation has raised more than $20 million and awarded more than 1,400 scholarships.
(02) 9299 3666
Level 3,160 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW