The National Postdoctoral Association have six core competencies for postdoctoral scholars:
- Discipline-specific conceptual knowledge
- Research skill development
- Communication skills4. Professionalism
- Leadership and management skills
- Responsible conduct of research
The e-Grad School (Australia) appears similar in concept to the US NPA courses. Presumably the Australian e-Grad school courses are tailored to Australian requirements, but the details are not public. Therefore the US and UK competences may be of more use.