We will be looking at snippets of how teachers are using Mobiles in the classroom. We will also be looking at mobile apps that can be used to support the teaching and learning process.Agenda.4:30 to 5:10 pm Mobile learning snippets.
- Nina Allen “Moblogs in Marketing”
- Sam Mills and Harry Stevensen “Integrating Mobile Phones in the Commercial Cookery kitchen”.
- Felicia Zhang “Record audio with mobile phones and upload to Moodle”
- Janet Harris “Using mobiles with ESL learners”.
- Other examples from ANU and UC?5:10 to 5:40 Demonstration of Mobile apps useful for teachers.
- CamScanner which enables you to scan multipage documents and send to email in less than a minute.
- Evernote – notes and task manager which can be accessed from your PC, tablets and phones.
- Livescribe pens. (Felicia Zhang).
- Others include Paper Camera, Summly, iMovie, Instagram.
- Other useful apps?5:40 to 6:15 NetworkingTime and PlaceThursday 29th March.H137b Bruce Campus (above the library).Go in the main entrance near the flag pole on Vowels Crescent.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Mobile Learning in Canberra
The Gaggle, an informal group of educational designers in Canberra, ACT will next meet Thursday 29 March 4:30pm in Building H137b, Bruce Campus, Canberra Institute of Technology , on the theme Mobile Learning. I will be showing how I designed my ANU ICT Sustainability course notes to work on a mobile device.