The Australian Government is hosting "Realising Our Broadband Future
" in Sydney, 10-11 December 2009. Speakers include Mike Quigley (NBN Co), Vinton Cerf (Google), Paul Twomey (Internet Corporation), Kevin Rudd, Stephen Conroy and Kate Lundy (Australian Government) and David Bartlett (Tasmanian Government). The event is free and anyone can register to attend
The event has five streams, each with a "lead editor":
- Smart Infrastructure: Alan Noble (Google)
- Digital Education: Bruce Dixon (Anytime, Anywhere Learning Foundation)
- e-Community: Genevieve Bell (Intel)
- e-Health: Peter Fleming (National E-Health Transition Authority)
- e-Business: Bruce McCabe (KPMG)
The Interim report of the Senate Select Committee on the National Broadband Network
questions how far the NBN will extend into regional areas and if there are measures to assess the performance of the NBN . Hopefully this will be addressed at the event.
I will be attended the Digital Education stream of the event> In hope to be able to tell delegates about my Green Technology Strategies
e-learning course which is now offered to postgraduates students of eight Australian universities and to launch the companion book of course notes.
Post a Comment