NZ Laptops for Principals and Teachers scheme
The NZ Ministry of Education has issued a Request for Proposal to assist with the management of the “Laptops for Principals and Teachers scheme”:
The currently facilitate the supply of laptops to principals and teachers, through a schools’ leasing programme.
The provision of laptops to principals and teachers through the Laptop Scheme commenced in 2002. Currently there are over 40,000 principals and teachers, in over 2500 schools, leasing laptops under the scheme. There is the potential for this figure to increase over the next two years.
We are seeking proposals from suitable organisations to assist with the management of this scheme, for the period July 2008 to June 2010.
The successful contractor will be expected to:
• manage the tender and contract process, including all documentation, tender processing, and contract negotiations, with successful tenderers, for the variety of contracts under the Laptop Scheme.
• assist the Ministry to monitor and evaluate the performance of contractors and negotiate contract variations
• provide legal contract advice
• provide financial advice regarding contracts where applicable.
• report regularly to the Ministry
Responses to the RFP will be expected to cover the following:
• previous service to government organisations
• experience with managing large tenders
• experience with managing this type of process
• outline of management approach to provide the service
• legal and financial capability for providing quality advice
• cost structure per phase of the service
From: Principals and Teachers scheme, Request for Proposal , GETS Reference: 22318, NZ Ministry of Education