The ACS recommended:
- Extending the Energy Rating System to ICT equipment for domestic and commercial use
- Innovative technologies to reduce power consumption
- Carbon offsets to help offset the emissions being produced by ICT equipment used in the office
- Virtualisation to replace servers
- Disable screen savers and implement ‘sleep mode’ for inactive equipment.
- "ACS reveals ICT's Carbon Footprint - Calls for energy star rating for IT products as part of a green ICT industry policy", Media release, 16 August 2007
- "Policy Statement on Green ICT", 16 August 2007
- "Audit of Carbon Emissions resulting from ICT usage by Australian Business" , 16 August 2007, (ACS members only)
The ACS President will be talking about it Tuesday in the morning session at the Green CIO conference in Sydney. In the afternoon session I will be talking about ACS Green IT Group.