Greetings from the opening of GovCamp 2012 in Canberra, where the Australian Information Commissioner is outlining the developments he sees:
1. Declaration of Open Government
2. Freedom of Information Reforms: Government information is a national resource for public purposes
3. Add "open and accountable" to public service principles:
4. Open Access Data list from AGIMO. This will include the FOI statistics.
5. AGIMO Guidelines for web pages
The commissioner noted that an application that uses open access data to show open government spending (OpenBudget) won a GovHack award on the weekend.
There is a live GovCamp webcast on the GovCamp home page.