The University of Canberra released a "Framework for an Australian Capital Territory Clean Economy Strategy - Economic, Environmental and Social Perspectives" commissioned by the ACT Government in 2009. The full report is ( MS Word 1.4MB or PDF 1.17MB).
Actions would fall across the broad areas of:
- green buildings
- renewable energy
- business and industry development
- research and development
- environmental management
- green procurement
- human capital development and skills training
- education and awareness.
With particular priority lying with the first four areas it further concludes that in order to drive actions in these areas, the government should:
- embrace a leadership role;
- leverage existing business and industry development programs to a green development agenda;
- support ACT-based world-class research and development to enhance the local benefits that will result;
- develop human capital and develop a future workforce plan with a focus on ‘green skills’ needs and
- monitor, measure and set goals. ...