One intern-ship is for "An evaluation of water and energy usage of ANU Data Centres", which uses many of the techniques covered in my course Green Information Technology Strategies (COMP7310):
This internship involves measuring the metrics of both the Data Centres at the ANU and providing a detailed report on their energy consumption, and water use. The successful intern look at the design of the building housing the data centres with a view to identifying improvements and calculate the Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of the facility.From: ANUgreen Internships Semester 2, 2010, ANU Green, ANU Sustainability Office, 30 August 2010
The objectives of this internship are:
1. Analyse both Data Centres at the ANU and calculate the baseline PUE
2. Compare the design of the data centres with Green Data Centre Design Standards
3. Write a Business Case with recommendations for immediate improvements
1. Strong technical and analytical skills
2. Experience working with computer hardware is preferred. ...